Customer interviews and research conducted by Pique Solutions were the basis of this study that quantifies the value our users are experiencing. The study includes in-depth interviews with users who shared before and after experiences of using Enterprise Manager. Pique Solutions then created a model and applied the findings for realistic quantification of the benefits. The study finds users can expect an ROI of 60% over a 3-year period.
Just to let you know, the new Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 release is now available for download!
For more information about what’s in this release of Oracle Enterprise Manager, visit the following resources:
- Press Release: Oracle Helps Customers Easily Move to Autonomous Cloud
- Blog: Enterprise Manager CIS Benchmark Certification Eases Adoption of Secure Database Best Practices
- Blog: What Customers and Partners are Saying about Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Video: Oracle Enterprise Manager Delivers Next-Gen Automation
- Documentation, Release Notes and Installation/Upgrade instructions
Several third-parties also wrote about this release of Oracle Enterprise Manager. Some of their articles are below:
- New Oracle Enterprise Manager release advances hybrid cloud (TechTarget)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Updates Help Customers Easily Move to the Cloud (Database Trends and Applications)
- Oracle updates Enterprise Manager with a focus on hybrid deployments (ZDNet)
- Oracle Makes Managing Fleets of Databases Simpler (RTInsights)
- Oracle adds new features to Oracle Enterprise Manager (ITWeb Africa)
In addition to the features described in the links above (some of which will be fully-delivered via follow-on Bundle Patches to the 13.4 base release), this version of Oracle Enterprise Manager includes new stack uptakes of Oracle Middleware 18.104.22.168, Perl 5.28.1 and Java Development Kit (JDK) 8. Also, as part of this release, the following Enterprise Manager Plug-Ins have been updated to 22.214.171.124.0 (you will see this listed in Enterprise Manager Self-Update).
- Enterprise Manager for Storage Management Framework
- Enterprise Manager for Systems Infrastructure
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Exadata
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtualization
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtual Infrastructure
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Cloud Application
- Enterprise Manager for Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Siebel
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Applications
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Consolidation Planning & Chargeback
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database
- Enterprise Manager for Cloud Services Management
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Cloud Framework
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Big Data Appliance
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle ORAchk Health Checks
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
Oracle Helps Customers Easily Move to Autonomous Cloud
New Oracle Enterprise Manager automates database migration and simplifies complex hybrid cloud environments
It only takes a single mistake for the “bad guys” to be able to exploit a misconfiguration and exfiltrate your data. Thanks to the Center for Internet Security, Oracle Database users can avoid such scenarios by following the best practices defined by CIS. With the high rate of change in DevOps-oriented development teams and the profilferation of data across on-premise and cloud environments, database administrators now have an easy way to comply with these standards right within Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Get started using OEM 13c on OCI using the Oracle Enterprise Manager app in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The Cloud Marketplace image of EM13c now is based on the 13.3PG Bundle Patch release and installs on an Oracle Database 19.3c.
- The Enterprise Manager version deployed by the app is the 13.3PG Release with the latest Aug 2019 Bundle Patch for the OMS & Agent Platform.
- The Database version deployed by the app for the OMR is Oracle Database 19.3c.
- The Linux host leverages the latest OCI Linux image: OEL 7.7 – which includes a variety of security fixes.
- The included WebLogic for Oracle Enterprise Manager has been updated with the latest security patches.
- We’ve updated the Java Development Kit (JDK) to the latest JDK certified for Oracle Enterprise Manager (JDK build 1.7.0_231).
- We’ve included the latest Oracle Enterprise Manager Diagnostic Kit, which is EMDIAG Version 19.08.01.
Most companies manage IT resources in their data centers. Additionally, most companies are beginning to leverage the benefits of the cloud. Both, at the same time, which leads to new challenges. If you are experiencing any of the following, read on and learn how Oracle is making it easier to monitor and manage traditional as well as next generation IT environments.
In this blog post Moe Fardoost describes how both Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Oracle Managed Cloud (OMC) can be compared with one another and gives us his view on running them together and each of them separately.
As customers roll out multi-cloud application environments, they will need to monitor and manage those applications across those multiple clouds. Oracle customers who use Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM) and/or Oracle Management Cloud (OMC) can take advantage of the appropriate capabilities offered by these solutions to work across their entire estate, regardless of which deployment model they leverage.